An introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central brings the full power of Dynamics NAV to the cloud. It is an all-in-one business management solution that helps you make smarter decisions and connect your business processes. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is easily adaptable and you can extend business applications to other Microsoft cloud services like Power BI, PowerApps, Office 365, etc. Thus, upgrade from all your other business application to this single, comprehensive solution to manage operations, finances, sales and customer service.
A Modern Digital Business Management Solution, Dynamics 365 Business Central, helps you streamline your processes and enable growth by offering:
- Business without silos. Automated tasks and workflows – integrated with familiar Office tools like Outlook, Word, and Excel – boosts productivity and efficiency.
- Business Insights. Get a complete view of your business with business analytics and intelligence and other Microsoft’s leading intelligent technologies so that you can take appropriate action for greater outcomes.
- Solutions built to evolve. Adapt in real-time with this flexible business suite which allows you to scale to suit your business size, needs, and complexity.
Comparing Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics NAV
The features and functions of both Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics NAV are almost the same. The significant difference is the platform. Dynamics NAV is built for on-premise deployment while Dynamics 365 Business central is built for cloud deployment. However, you can host Dynamics in the cloud too but it doesn’t offer the same seamless experience as cloud-based software. Business Central has all the capabilities of Dynamics NAV plus the cloud advantage.
The functionalities of Dynamics 365 Business Central is divided into two packages – Essentials and Premium. The functionalities of ‘Essentials’ resembles NAV’s ‘Starter Pack’ and those of ‘Premium’ resembles NAV’s ‘Extended Pack’.
Here is the detailed comparison of Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics NAV:
Choosing the right fit for your business
Both Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics NAV are aimed at small and medium-sized businesses. While D365 Business Central is targeted more at the small growing companies that can do with fewer customizations, Dynamics NAV is suitable for organizations that have more complex needs, require more customizations and want an on-premise solution.
So, which solution suits you the best? If you can’t decide, we can help!
- 5 misconceptions and facts about IoT in manufacturing - December 15, 2018
- Why should you consider integrating barcode scanner with an ERP system? - December 6, 2018
- How is Artificial Intelligence (AI) changing ERP systems? - November 30, 2018
- Enhance, Integrate, and Customize Dynamics 365 in these 5 ways - October 4, 2018
- How is Business Intelligence changing the manufacturing industry? - August 29, 2018
- Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid framework: Which one to choose? - August 14, 2018
- Comparing Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics NAV - July 3, 2018
- Why upgrade from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365? - June 14, 2018
- 6 Reasons of a failed ERP implementation - June 6, 2018
- 4 steps to calculate your cloud ROI - May 25, 2018